There were Tuk Tuk everywhere but only this particular Tuk Tuk caught my eyes. It was sparkling and glittering in the sun. Sadly, this picture is doing injustic to this very special Tuk Tuk. Click on the picture to see the bigger dimension shot. You should be able to see the glitters.
I saw this Spiderman Voodoo Doll. Personally, I find it cute.
We saw these two towering metal figure of Alien and Predator guarding the entrance of a pub. Pretty cool ah! I was only half their heights. Gosh! Thankfully, such grotesque creatures do not exist at all. I would really freak out if they did.
I find this really interesting-coloured rice. I would find green and yellow pretty acceptable to me as they were food colours. However, blue and purplish red?!! I have second thoughts. Nonetheless, I’ve tried black rice before. The rice was coloured using the squid’s ink.
Personally, I find Patong Beach too commercialised. The entire stretch of beach was lined with endless rows of beach chairs. You need to pay 100 baht/chair. :(
Just a random photo of my own reflection in the sunglasses. (At Patong Beach)
In Singapore, we need to really hunt high and low for seashells. Over there, you just have to take a grab. I would say that the place was littered with shells and I picked quite some for my students.
The best part of the holiday was the Island Trip. We visited Phi Phi Island, Maya Beach and Khai Island. The movie, "The Beach", was filmed on Phi Phi Island (If I recall it correctly). The place was simply breathtaking! The water was crystal clear and turquoise in colour! The sand was so white and fine! Isn't this a paradise on earth?
The island has very interesting concave stone/rock formation due to the forces of mother nature.
Doesn't this look like the fangs of some mythical sea creature that guards the island?
The speedboat sent us to a lagoon and we jumped off the boat for a swim. As my face was allergic to seawater, I had to wear a life jacket to keep it above the water. There were many fishes swimming around us but you can't really see from the photos. We saw many fishes with bright colours when we snorkelled at Khai Island, our last stop. I just ignored my skin allergy and went ahead with snorkelling. Hahaha... Now, I am paying the price - rashes everywhere on my arms and legs and the skin on my face is peeling. However, it is still all worth it!
We went to Monkey Beach and saw more ang mo monkeys (= the whites) than the real ones! Nonetheless, we saw quite a number of cute monkeys.
This is my favourite shot. Mich told me that we should frame this photo. It is a pity that there were so many other people swimming in the water, which is a big spoiler for this shot. She told me to send her this photo and she'll try to edit the extras away. I hope she can do it. I really missed the place.


