post <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3785201750454780224?origin\x3dhttp://ching-little-kaleidoscope.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
ching-little-kaleidoscope @blogspot.com ♥
Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Belated Birthday Celebration

Finally, I met Jai to celebrate my super duper belated birthday – easily more than 2 months belated. As I was very busy the past few months, we have to postpone it till now. We went to Shabuya Shabu Shabu at Vivo and the food was great!



We were so full and had some food left over. In fact, we had a bowl of fresh salad left untouched. Argh… Don’t want to waste food but we were simply too full to continue. Nonetheless, we still managed to devour our ice-cream! Hehe… Jai will alway say, “Women will always have a secret compartment for dessert!”




I totally agree with her! After our sumptuous dinner, we went to look at some x’mas deco. Oh… Aren’t they cute? I love the candle snowman the most! Love at first sight if I may.



Jai was saying that she insisted that she is going to have a x’mas tree in her new home. When she showed me “her” x’mas tree, I thought it was simply too small! The tree is barely her height and less than half of my height! Nevertheless, a cute little x’mas tree will suit its owner well. Cute Jai goes well with cute trees!

For me, I would prefer a x’mas tree that is taller than me. Although there is room in my flat (US = apartment) for a huge x’mas tree, I will only get one when my child/children is/are older.
I still fondly remember that my mom got me a mini tabletop x’mas tree when I was a child. She knew I would love to have one but our flat was simply too small for it. Furthermore, we were not financially well-off to even afford one decent x’mas tree. She would bring me to Orchard road that was brightly lighted up with much beautiful lightings. Thinking of these memories simply warms my heart. Too bad I do not have these pictures at the moment. Here are some other fond memories of x’mas.

My first log cake with my pupils, Da, Ben and Yi.

My Xiao Ju (uncle, my mom’s youngest brother) and his wife + Ah Yi (aunt, my mom’s elder sister) and my favourite cousin from Malaysia visited us. So my sister and I accompanied them to Orchard Road.


Don’t you just love x’mas and all those wonderful memories that come with it! My next task is to change my blog music to a x’mas carol! Of course, I must thank Jai for the wonderful meal. Till the next time I meet her for her birthday celebration, which is only 29 days later!