Finally the wait is over! My darling CCH is back from Germany. I woke up much earlier than usual and did many things so that my husband can come back to a warm and welcoming home.
The day before, I made sure that the every corner of the flat is sparkling clean, every knickknack in the house is perfectly placed and aligned, fresh bedsheets with soft pink flowers was draped over our mattress to create a soft and warm look. Perfect! Looking almost like a show flat. I also bought some neon tetras and guppies to add more colours to our little aquarium.
This morning, I went to the wet market and spend almost $70 getting vegetables, poultry, seafood and most important ingredents for soups. An amount that I have never spend before. You must be thinking that is alot of money for a homecoming dinner. Hey! Do you think a night of home-cooked food is enough to expressed how much I missed him?! I am going to whip up home cooked meals every day until I return to school.
For the grand opening ceremony, I started with the most important dish - Ching's aromatic, heartwarming and painstaking soup of love. Allowed to boil for a full day, from morning till evening, all the rich flavours of ingredents were deeply infused into the soup. Almost heavenly! I really hope my CCH will love it.
My CCH's mom, who is a cantonese, is an excellent chef of soups. Her soup is simply heavenly compare to mine. I would put in tons of effort just to reach the state of "almost heavenly".
When I was newly married to my CCH, I would learn how to prepare soups for him. Each time, I sincerely thought that it was really nice, even nicer than those prepared by my own mother. Hence, I naively thought that mine was comparable to his mom's. Sadly, he would tell me plainly that it was a far cry from hers. Indeed, during the weekends at his mom's dinner table, I got to verify the differences. I have to concede that it was a far cry from hers.
Having eaten the humble pie, I know I have to continuously improve on my culinary skills,especially soups, in order to play my duty as my CCH's wonderful wife as I have vowed to be on our wedding day.
The day before, I made sure that the every corner of the flat is sparkling clean, every knickknack in the house is perfectly placed and aligned, fresh bedsheets with soft pink flowers was draped over our mattress to create a soft and warm look. Perfect! Looking almost like a show flat. I also bought some neon tetras and guppies to add more colours to our little aquarium.
This morning, I went to the wet market and spend almost $70 getting vegetables, poultry, seafood and most important ingredents for soups. An amount that I have never spend before. You must be thinking that is alot of money for a homecoming dinner. Hey! Do you think a night of home-cooked food is enough to expressed how much I missed him?! I am going to whip up home cooked meals every day until I return to school.
For the grand opening ceremony, I started with the most important dish - Ching's aromatic, heartwarming and painstaking soup of love. Allowed to boil for a full day, from morning till evening, all the rich flavours of ingredents were deeply infused into the soup. Almost heavenly! I really hope my CCH will love it.
My CCH's mom, who is a cantonese, is an excellent chef of soups. Her soup is simply heavenly compare to mine. I would put in tons of effort just to reach the state of "almost heavenly".
When I was newly married to my CCH, I would learn how to prepare soups for him. Each time, I sincerely thought that it was really nice, even nicer than those prepared by my own mother. Hence, I naively thought that mine was comparable to his mom's. Sadly, he would tell me plainly that it was a far cry from hers. Indeed, during the weekends at his mom's dinner table, I got to verify the differences. I have to concede that it was a far cry from hers.
Having eaten the humble pie, I know I have to continuously improve on my culinary skills,especially soups, in order to play my duty as my CCH's wonderful wife as I have vowed to be on our wedding day.

